HI my name is Stacy and I currently weight 220! I have been blessed to start the Local Contest of The Biggest Looser. Our start night is Jan. 18th. This is going to be my journal. My thoughts and struggles with this 12 week program! Please feel free to become a follower and post any comments or questions you may have. Thank you for your support!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A little behind!

WoW! It's been awhile. Almost a month since I updated. I kinda got in a stoop. The week after I posted my last one I gained 2 pounds. So that kinda put me in a mood and I didn't even want to focus on loosing weight! I talked with my trainer and he said that it was normal. That actually tons of people who start losing the weight quit after the 3rd week because your body hits a road block. Now I am down 4 pounds and back on track!

SO here is what I have learned over the past few days.

I know why I am fat! I was eating way to many calories. Over 3000!

I learned about Carbohydrates and Whole Grains:
These are the main source of energy for your body to function! Some good items to eat are Brown/Wild Rice, Pasta, Wheat Berries, Barley (not beer!) Popcorn, Bagels and my favorite Quinoa. Whole Grain is the best and should have the label that says "Made with 100% Whole Grain"

Thursday night we learned about Dining Out! I think this is my biggest problem! Did you know Restaurants serve larger portions. Almost 2 times more than what you should eat! Check out www.healthydiningfinder.com for Healthy Eating choices when you go out. Look for menu items that have these words in them for a healthy choice: Baked, Broiled, Grilled, Poached, Roasted, and Steamed. Remember Limit dining out to 3 times or less a week, Be prepared, pick restaurants that offer healthy food choices, Stick to your meal plan make wise food choices and watch portion sizes.

If anyone is interested there is a 5k Run/Walk in Peoria on March 26th. Check out www.active.com for more info. Stay tuned for two more posts that are recipes

As always if you are interested in working out let me know.
HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment