HI my name is Stacy and I currently weight 220! I have been blessed to start the Local Contest of The Biggest Looser. Our start night is Jan. 18th. This is going to be my journal. My thoughts and struggles with this 12 week program! Please feel free to become a follower and post any comments or questions you may have. Thank you for your support!

Friday, January 14, 2011

My letter to enter the contest

Thought to share the letter I entered to be considered for becoming part of the Team Wolf Biggest Loser:

There are tons of reasons I can give you as to why I want to be apart of your team. To look and feel better, to fit in my old clothes again, and to look into a mirror at myself and not be disgusted by what I see. But most important the reason I want to join is because of ME! My name is Stacy and first off I weight 225 pounds! That is 75 pounds over where I want to be. I have dealt with a lot of criticism in my life, but nothing compares to the pain I feel when I am made fun of because of my weight. On top of the emotional effects of being over weight I am now starting to show signs of the physical ones. I was burned when I was 6 years old. I have 3rd degree burns all over my body. My weight has effected my scars to the point where I start to loose the weight or in the future have to have surgery to relieve the pulling of my scars. But that is not the main reason as to why I want to join your team. I have tried to loose the weight myself. I was partially successful but now I am at a fork in the road where I think I need to be pointed in the right direction. I would love to be apart of something where not only I can be taught how to loose the weight but also to keep it off. I come from a family of overweight people. In fact my grandfather was severely overweight and it caused his death. I can't let myself get that way. I have two wonderful little boys I need to be there for them. To be in shape so I can keep up with them because right now I barely can! I need direction and I want to belong to a team I know can motivate me. If you choose me to be apart of TEAM WOLF I will make you proud. I have nothing to loose but weight!

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. Only 4 days left till the start of my new life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment