HI my name is Stacy and I currently weight 220! I have been blessed to start the Local Contest of The Biggest Looser. Our start night is Jan. 18th. This is going to be my journal. My thoughts and struggles with this 12 week program! Please feel free to become a follower and post any comments or questions you may have. Thank you for your support!

Friday, January 21, 2011

OH! I am sore!

Well. We had our first nutrition class last night. It was pretty basic. Didn't learn much. We talked to our team mates and learned why they are part of the program. Found out a lot of the reasons are the same not only in our group but in general. Looks like the people who struggle in their weight have the same reasons as to why they got to that point in their lives as well as to why they are ready to start loosing weight.

We started the discussion answering 4 questions:
Here they are for you to take a look at

1. What elements do you believe have contributed to your current health status?

2. What have you tried to do in the past to improve your health?

3. What do you perceive as the barriers that have prevented you from attaining your health goals in the past?

4. How will your life change when you meet your health goals?

Class Topic last night was Behavior Change. I guess if you are going to be successful in losing the weight and more importantly keeping it off you are going to have to look at things in your life and change your Behaviors! SO TRUE!
We had a psychologist come and talk a little bit to us about how to notice what causes your current behaviors and how to stop and look at what needs to be changed. Here is what I learned:
All people have two minds. Analytical and Emotional. The best way to explain them is to think about yourself getting ready to go outside in the snow and make a snowman.
An Analytical Minded person will say "I need to put on my jacket, boots, and gloves before I go outside in the snow. Then I will need a shovel, button nose, and scarf to make the snow man. Lets Go!
An Emotional Minded Person will say "I remember when I was a kid and I made this cool snowman with my dad then we made snow angels and I had so much fun" Lets go!

Now she said in order to be in the right place a person should be in the middle of these two minds also known as the Wise Mind!

If you want to change something start to look at what emotion is attached to that thing you are doing. For instance for me I eat when I get bored. So for me to get in my Wise Mind I need to see that boredom means do something else besides eating! Easy enough said right! Well hope this little bit will help you in seeing some behovior changes that might be needed. So here is a challenge for you:
1. Write down your irrational thoughts through the day. (i.e. That piece of chocolate will make me feel better if I just eat one piece)
2.Write down what emotions cause you to eat.
3. Write down what your mood is for the day.

These three things should help you look at what your Behavior is towards food. Once you realize what you are doing then you can make the efforts to change them.

I leave you with one exercise thought:
If you really want to make an effort to loose the weight you MUST work out 4 times a day with getting your heart rate at your target heart rate for 45 minutes to 1hr. Here is what my trainer told me target heart rate is when exercising:

20yrs old 170 bpm (beats per minute)
25yrs old 166
30yrs old 162
35yrs old 157
40yrs old 153
45yrs old 149
50yrs old 145
55yrs old 140

As always if you would like to workout let me know and happy weight loss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment