HI my name is Stacy and I currently weight 220! I have been blessed to start the Local Contest of The Biggest Looser. Our start night is Jan. 18th. This is going to be my journal. My thoughts and struggles with this 12 week program! Please feel free to become a follower and post any comments or questions you may have. Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

OMG! What did I get myself into?

Well tonight was the big kickoff meeting! All I can say is Oh My God! I was thinking these trainers will just be laid back and easy going. Gonna teach me some exercise tricks to maximize my weight loss and that I would be able to attend a few nutrition classes to teach me what I should be eating......

Well no! First off they weight all of us in. My weight: 222.6 pounds! Almost 10 pounds more than what I thought! I have been off of pop for 2 weeks now with no more headaches and all I lost was 3 pounds!

I was thinking this was just going to be our first meeting where we get our rules and layout for everything. So wrong. We ended up doing our first workout and let me tell you OUCH! We went to the area with the step benches and had to do 200 steps as fast as we could. That is step one foot up on top of the bench, step the other foot up and then step each foot down = 1. My lungs are still burning! We have a 8 member team which is awesome. We all seem very motivated and agreed to take a Zumba class outside what is required for the program. It will be fun! I have 2 left feet but it will be a good workout!

OOH I almost forgot! We actually have a local person training with us who's family was on the second season of the biggest loser! Pretty cool! So we got to pick his brain tonight about how the show was and what he learned and his challenges. If any of you have a question you want to ask him let me know!

We will be working with 2 personal trainers on Tuesday nights and Thursday nights. So at the end of each night I will make a new post about what I did and what I learned. Also on Thursdays is our nutrition class so I will have notes from that too. I heard we will be getting some cool recipes and stuff.

On another note: Biggest Loser has a charity challenge going on. So I am asking you to join me in the challenge to loose the weight. Go to www.pfpchallenge.com and Pledge your weight loss goal. You can join our team just search Peoria by City and select Peoria Riverplex Biggest Losers. Add zip code: 61571 and for every pound you pledge to loose they will donate 1 pound of food to the local Peoria food bank. Thanks for your help!!!!

AS ALWAYS! If you live near me and want to join me for an exercise let me know!!

Happy weight loss everyone! It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment