HI my name is Stacy and I currently weight 220! I have been blessed to start the Local Contest of The Biggest Looser. Our start night is Jan. 18th. This is going to be my journal. My thoughts and struggles with this 12 week program! Please feel free to become a follower and post any comments or questions you may have. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Well we have had two trainings with the personal trainers this week. The first night wasn't bad we just did some fitness testing to see where we stood. I am a weakling!

Tonight was a whole different story. Tonight was our first training night. First let me say I lost 4 pounds in a week. If this stays the same at the end of the 10 weeks I will have lost 40 pounds. I am a little disappointed because I thought it was more. Did you know you can gain 1-2 pounds in a day and it go up and down. So 4 pounds is not to much for me.... So we have to work harder this week.

We also had another nutritional meeting. I wasn't very happy with it to be honest. We talked about why our nation as a whole is over weight. Basiclly 30 years ago people had to do more physical things in general. For instance look at cars... 30 years ago we had to use a crank just to roll the windows down. That burns energy! TV.... we had to get up to change the stations on the TV 30 years ago. Now we can sit on the couch. SO in 30 years our nation has over 25% of people per state that are obiese. Crazy!

Well I did learn this: Here is what you should do every day per the Biggest Loser Online:
5 cups of Fruits and veggies
4 bottles of water per day
3 meals eaten everyday
2 positive affirmations
(a statement that is declared to be true. i.e. If I fall off the wagon a day or 2, I will get right back on with
the next healthy choice.)
1 bout of exercise per day

If you haven't already keep a food diary. Try online at www.sparkpeople.com It's a good thing not to count calories but to see where you are strong and weak when it comes to food. Me personally I am weak around 5pm when I want to eat everything in sight! The trainer told me it's good to eat every 4-5 hours at a time. There was a study done on people who loosed weight and what works for weight loss. Here is what the common habits were between the studied people.
Low-fat diet, high-carbohydrate diet
Eat breakfast every day (within 2 hours of waking up)
Frequent self-monitioring of weight
High level of phyical activity(1 hour most days)
Consistent eating patterns across weekdays and weekends. (my problem)

Hope this helps some of you! On a side note. This morning I took a test. It was inside a machine called a Bod Pod www.bodpod.com If any of you get the chance to take this test do it! It shows your % of body fat and % of lean mass. Puts you in prospective for your body. The best thing is it shows you how many calories you need to loose weight. And it's personal to your body! It costs $35 here in Peoria to take the test so check it out if you can.

As always please let me know if you have any questions and if you would like to work out give me a call! Happy weight loss all!

No comments:

Post a Comment